Friday, December 31, 2010

Saying Goodbye to 2010 and Inspired by the Possibilities of 2011!

I simply can't believe that when I wake up tomorrow, I will be living in the year 2011. It seems like such a short time ago that we were amazed that that first two numbers of the year changed from 19 to 20. So so much has happened this year and I thought it would be fun to recap some big events in my life and some of my favorite blog posts from the past 365 days. Here goes...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

After closing the Brick and Mortar Fidget Finds shop in Newport, RI at the end of December 2009 and moving out of my spectacular apartment in downtown Newport, I spent the months of January and February traveling in Southeast Asia. I hopped on a plane and flew to Bangkok which started my adventure in Thailand and Laos. It was an amazing and challenging experience and something that has forever changed my life.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In March, as I acclimated back to American Culture (which was a challenge in itself), I started thrift shopping and listing items on etsy again, experimenting with outfit photoshoots (here and here), eating healthy, and exploring my own backyard.

Photobucket
Photobucket

April was more of the same as the weather warmed up a bit. I spent lots of time with friends and family, took a stroll on the cold early spring beach, and welcomed the first blossoms of spring. I also found a new studio space for Fidget Finds, began setting it up, and read a crafty book from the 70's.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

May was the month when the ball really started rolling. I started selling my vintage wares at summer markets, including SOWA in Boston and Craft O Rama in New Bedford. Even though they're so much work I really do enjoy markets. I get to meet so many great people and find homes for my favorite vintage items. I also took a quick trip to NYC, drooled over the amazing antiques at Brimfield, spoke at my old high school's Environmental Day, took a bike ride through the country, and even got dressed a couple of times.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

June was the beginning of an unbelievably awesome summer. I went boating in a vintage tender around Newport, experienced that wonder that is Bonnaroo firsthand, attended one of my best friend's lovely bridal shower, started off the summer of many weddings, and took some adorable pics of my parent's adopted pit bull, Zeus.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

July is just about my favorite month of the year! Brian and I both celebrate our birthdays, mine on the first and his twenty days later (where I wrote a post about how much he means to me). I also got a little wild at a friend's bachelorette party, attended her wedding, had my first trunk show at Rummage, and spent some time at Sakonnet Point in Little Compton.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Well, I'm getting a little snow blind from looking at the computer for so long so stay tuned for Part Two of the 2010 recap in the next few days and have fun clicking the links (the light gray lettered words) to explore this past year for Fidget Finds!

No comments: