Monday, January 3, 2011

The Latter Half of 2010 Recap

And the moment you've all been waiting for... Part Deux of the 2010 Fidget Finds Recap!

The blog front started to quiet down a bit starting in August while Brian and I prepared to move into a new apartment. I was busy every weekend minute with markets where I sold a whole bunch of my famous Rachel skirts. I also enjoyed a nice summer night with friends on the beach, made a local and organic dinner, thought back to the wonderful birthday gifts from Brian, and attended Caitlin and Jeff's rehearsal dinner.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

At the beginning of September we moved into our awesome apartment in downtown Bristol. Needless to say, it took up so much of our time painting, cleaning, packing, and moving. And then once you complete all that, the months long process of unpacking and setting everything up begins. We still haven't finished that part! During this hectic time we attended a friend's wedding in Newport and had the time of our lives at Caitlin and Jeff's woodsy nuptials. I also moved out of my studio in Fall River (short lived, I know) but into a spare room in our apt. I love my new commute!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In October, when market season began to wind down, Fidget Finds began a new and exciting life online. I continuously worked on stocking the etsy shop's inventory and blogging as much as possible. I realized how truly awesome it is to have a working studio in your own home! I also assessed my owl collection, enjoyed a delicious dinner with Julie in Providence, explored my new neighborhood, attended Calico's anniversary party at the whaling museum, dressed up as Tetris at a Halloween party, and carved pumpkins at Caitlin and Jeff's.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

November was a time to get cozy. We spent lots of time with friends in our new home and being domestic. I took tons of photos of awesome vintage finds for etsy, attended my first ever clothing swap in Boston, explored the Providence winter farmer's market, gave you a behind the scenes look at a Fidget Finds photo shoot and posted about my futile effort to take photos outside. However, it's been my most popular blog post to date!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

And here we are back to December again! My, my, how fast time flies! This past month was spent enjoying the colder air in Rhode Island, time with my childhood girlfriends, baking cookies, thinking about the holidays, preparing thoughtful gifts, and playing in the first heavy snow of the season! I was also immensely inspired by the photography of Andi Flax, the knitwear of Yokoo, and the absolutely amazing clothing and accessory designs of I Heart Norwegian Wood. I tried out a new blog idea, Style Experiment, and thought about the future of Fidget Finds.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2010 was an absolutely fantastic year and I am so looking forward to 2011! Stay tuned for a year full of blog posts, including an informative guide on fibers, fabrics, and fashions, an etsy shop choc full of vintage, and a new and modern spring collection of original designs by yours truly. It's sure to be an exciting year and I hope you'll join me for all of the Fidget Finds adventures!

No comments: