Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holdiay Cheer

Photobucket

I can't believe Christmas is just two short days away! I'm a last minute holiday spirit kind of girl (I change all the radio presets in my car when my usual stations start playing only Christmas music) and I usually only start getting excited a week or two before the 25th. Well, needless to say, it happened again this year. I wasn't super psyched until I started piling up all of Brian's presents and getting really excited for him to open them! Of course I love receiving gifts but I almost love giving them more. I wrapped them all in brown paper (which I plan on reusing to ship packages as I hate wasting paper) and tied them with vintage lace trims in all different colors. To the black tied packages Brian responded "Did Tim Burton wrap those for you?" He's so fresh. But speaking of Tim Burton we've been watching mucho movies since it's started getting so darn cold out, Nightmare Before Christmas being one of them. I love that movie, it's just so weird and already old looking compared with all the CGI animation that's out now. What else have we been watching? Shutter Island, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Exit Through the Gift Shop (a really awesome Banksy documentary), and Arrested Development because I just can't get enough of that show! We did a little research to watch a specific episode last night because I just really needed some Gene Parmesan in my life. Maybe tonight we'll watch some Bob Loblaw episodes.

We have the smallest most precious Christmas tree this year! I wasn't even planning on getting one, by Brian convinced me that we should and I'm so glad he did. It's a live tree so I'll either plant it outside in the spring or if it's doing well in the house, just keep it indoors and use it again next year! We purchased some lights and borrowed some old ornaments from Brian's mom. The ones that she didn't want were the handmade kitchy ones from the 60's, so it worked out perfectly. We even snagged Brian's favorite one from childhood; this weird stuffed animal with a stocking stitched right to his nose!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Maria said...

Love the tree! Great idea for gift wrapping also. Have a wonderful Christmas!