Thursday, June 17, 2010

Holy Hotness

Dear Bonnaroo,
Why were you so effin hot? Why do you try to squeeze a million people in a space that's not capable to hold them? You see I wanted to run and frolic and see tons of bands every day but I was too busy laying under my canopy trying not to die of heat exhaustion (which someone actually did.) I wanted to stay up late having dance parties but you made me get up at 7 every morning because you turned my tent into an oven. I wanted to wear super cute outfits everyday, but you made me pick function over fashion. I wish you hadn't given me a panic attack when you tried to move tens of thousands of people through a 30 foot corridor that was half ankle deep mud to see the Flaming Lips. I heard it was a great show but I could only hear echos from our campsite that was a 30 min walk away. But the music that I did see, oh the music!, was fantastic! Steve Martin playing the banjo, perfect. Stevie Wonder, the best thing I've ever seen. There was also Dead Weather, The Gossip, She and Him, Dave Matthews, Jack Black, Kings of Leon, Conan O'Brian, and Jay Z. Oh Jay Z you have so many fun hits and I was so happy to hear them and dance along. You, my friend, put on a great show. I also loved watching Footloose at 8 am in the air conditioned movie tent. The singing along and dancing in the aisles made it very memorable. I was really trying to keep my eyes open, I swear. Well, good and bad you will stay in my heart forever. I've never experienced anything quite like you and I don't think that I ever will again. You left me hot and sticky and forever longing for a shower and my own bed, but you know what, after it's all said and done, thanks for the memories.
Love,
Nicole (never going to Tennessee in June again) Lebreux

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

pia said...

holla, with you all the way. way too hot in the south!!!