Friday, May 14, 2010

Environmental Day

As I mentioned previously this week, I was invited to speak at my old high school's Environmental Day this morning. I was really nervous about speaking in front of such a large crowd but the event went really well. It was completely surreal to walk the halls of my old school and see many of the teachers who shaped who I am today. Things change, but they also remain exactly the same. I met lots of wonderful students who are interested in eco fashion and two girls that have started their own non profit where they collect donated prom dresses and offer them to students for free! Recycling and young entrepreneurship at its best. Two of my best friends were also on the panel. Sarah Forrest who lives and works in Boston is an environmental mechanical engineer. She recently finished working on a state of the art green school in Newton, MA. Caitlin Luderer is an environmental scientist but is also well versed and very interested in eco torism. There was also Joe McLaughlin, the very entertaining property manager of Norman Bird Sanctuary in Middletown, RI and Bill Gerlach who has a very informative website; The New Pursuit. For all the students that heard me speak today, I would love to continue the dialogue of fashion being environmentally sound. Email me at fidgetfinds@gmail.com with any questions or comments. I really look forward to hearing from you!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: