Friday, October 8, 2010

Nick's On Broadway

Last night was so much fun! I sauntered up to Providence to spend the evening with my dear friend and old roommate, Julie. We dined on absolutely fantastic local and organic fares at Nick's and stopped for a cocktail after dinner at Abe's on Wickenden. For dinner, we shared a bottle of wine, an amazing pumpkin squash soup with creme fraiche and grilled bread, a mixed green salad with Narragansett Creamery Salty Feta, and yellow fin tuna over sweet potato puree and swiss chard. It was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. They even gave us a complimentary potato biscuit with dill butter to start and a small plate of fruit and a decadent truffle to end our meal. Yum! At Abe's I tried a Champagne Cocktail with bitters and a sugar cube, it was the perfect way to end the evening!

It wasn't that cold out so I got to wear my new (to me) awesome Indian style top without worrying about what to wear over it. The fabric is just so beautiful and I love the enormous sleeves! I got it at a friend's yard sale in August. I also wore Theory leggings (from the clearance rack at Marshall's for $5!), vintage from ebay boots, and yard saled/thrifted vintage purse and jewelry.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: