Thursday, October 28, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

What a great few days before Halloween evening we had last night! Caitlin and Jeff invited us over to their new home for a night of yummy fall food and pumpkin carving. Caitlin made a fantastic sweet potato soup with curried apples, yogurt, and chopped mint with some bulgar with almonds and dried cranberries on the side. It was so good! I brought some of those Daily Bread ginger molasses cookies for dessert along with a bag of their almond crescent cookies. Those are even better than the ginger ones. I love this bakery!

The carving of the pumpkins was an interesting affair, I hate how the insides smell! I don't think that I've carved a pumpkin since I was young, and I don't think I was the only one. Carrie went creative and made a cat with the stem as its nose, Caitlin was more traditional with a silly spooky face, and I just wanted to make a swirl. (Note that I had no intention in making it look like the Nightmare Before Christmas!) They looked so good all lit up on the front steps. What a fun night!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: