Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Photo Walk

I've been really into taking pictures of my surroundings lately, so a few days ago I decided to go for a walk around my neighborhood with my camera in tow. I am astonished at the results! It's amazing how different the world looks when you are viewing it through a camera lens. There is usually so much going on in our field of vision that our brain eliminates what it deems not important, which unfortunately is most of what we actually see. We unconsciously ignore most things, from the beautiful pattern of a simple brick wall or the color and petal variations of a traditional fall mum plant. Even places we've seen a million times before are somehow much different when you really take the time to look at them. I encourage all of you to try this simple experiment and walk around your neighborhood and look at things closely, or far away, or from underneath, or from above. When you look at things in a different way, you see them that way too.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: