Friday, January 14, 2011

Warm Weather On My Mind

Photobucket

I have been ferociously working on my new collection for the spring this past week which is why posts have been slow. I am meeting with a pattern maker on Tuesday and I need to have some first patterns and samples ready for her viewing. I am so excited about this collection. So far everything is coming out great and I can't wait to see my sketches become actual garments! As I'm designing these pieces that are meant to be worn in warm weather, my mind keeps wandering off to the sunny southern state of Florida because Brian and I are planning a trip to his parents' place on the Gulf for the beginning of April. The last time I visited the Sunshine State was in November of 2009 when my brother and I flew down to visit my sister in Fort Lauderdale. We had so much fun lounging by the backyard pool, swimming at the beach, snorkeling in Key Largo, and sightseeing in South Beach. Looking out my window now and seeing everything covered in snow makes me really long for those hot sunny days!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: