Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Aloha Daisy!

In a few weeks my dear friends Daisy and Matt are moving to Hawaii. They are following their dreams and are going to be working on an organic farm once they arrive in their new island paradise home. I am so proud and happy for them even though I think they're a bit sad right now about leaving the place they've called home for so many years. Last night we had a farewell dinner for them at Perro Salado in Newport, which happens to be where we met. We drank champagne and margaritas and enjoyed amazingly delicious food. I wore my vintage Mexican circle skirt from Frecklewonder, vintage belt and jewelry, and my awesome thrifted 70's Hang Ten red sneakers. I am going to miss them so much, but maybe a trip to the Big Island is in my future...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Candle photo taken by Andi Flax.

2 comments:

Maria said...

That skirt is gorgeous! And I had completely forgotten sneakers from back in the day that were all one color. I had a pair of turquoise ones, as a matter of fact. :)

FidgetFinds said...

I love these shoes! I've had them forever but just started wearing them more recently. A turquoise pair would be awesome!