Thursday, October 7, 2010

Animal Print Shop

I had some very productive dilly dallying today! In searching the internet trying to learn more about photography, antiquing, small clothing designers, etc., I stumbled upon some great stuff. For instance, did you know that etsy has a free podcast? It features short vignettes about etsy artists that run the gamut from wood sculptors in upstate NY, and vintage collectors from New Mexico. I highly recommend checking it out. It's really refreshing to see people following their dreams and making a living doing so.

One of my favorite podcasts was on the photographer Sharon Montrose. She has been an avid photographer since she was a teenager and to once again spark the same love for the art that she had then, she started taking photos of animals on simple backdrops. The beauty and wonder of these creatures never ceases to amaze me and Sharon's work does a great job of showing how extraordinary our animal friends really are. Here are some of my favorites and you can see all of Sharon's animal prints here.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: