Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Bounty of the Ocean by the Littlest State by the Sea

I don't think there's anything as wonderful as a perfect summer Sunday, which is what I was lucky enough to enjoy this past weekend. It started off as a trip to Rejects Beach (Note: for you non Newporters, Rejects is a public beach that is directly adjacent to Bailey's Beach, a very exclusive private beach club that the Trumps belong too. My friend Sarah used to work there and had many Ivanka sightings. They have cabanas, drink service, and many other perks. There is even a sign in the sand that tells us commoners to stay off their side. It's quite funny actually. I wonder if some plebeian was drowning on the Rejects side, the Bailey's lifeguard would come and save them.) Anyway, I went to the beach with Tiff, and Pat was kind enough to join us. He had to leave though because his back was turning into one big freckle. There were pretty big waves and we were playing in them and body surfing for quite a while. I haven't done that since I was a kid.

After the beach, we were invited to a cookout, Newport style. That means not a hot dog or hamburger in sight. Instead were panko, garlic, and parsley filled grilled little necks, boiled lobster, steamed mussels in a wine broth, steamers in butter, grilled cajun tofu, and cucumber salad. Yuu-uummm. Thank you so much for Tania and Jay for one of the best dinners that I have ever had. All the seafood was fresh, local, and delicious. I made a toast to "good friends, good food, and the bounty of the ocean by the littlest state by the sea."

Outfit Note: To the beach Nicole wore a mix and match Victoria's Secret bikini and Salvation Army sunglasses. To dinner she wore a vintage yellow dress that was a yard sale score, a vintage belt from a thrift store in North Carolina, vintage thrift store earrings, and Steve Madden peep toe flats.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ecotruism said...

Man, you do classy things with your Newport friends . . . over here in Tivadin we just got Smores with no chocolate and stale graham crackers. . .

Punky said...

I'm heading to Newport with my mother on tuesday. Please tell me where we should shop. And what beach has the least kids.