Saturday, December 5, 2009

December Newsletter

Happy December everyone! How did this even happen? I swear it was just August a few weeks ago! Anyways, it's gonna be a December to remember in these parts, lots going on at the shop and in my life as well.

First off, I want to thank all of you for such a wonderful first year! I have met so many fantastic people, heard such great stories and insights, and learned so so much from the process of opening and maintaining the shop. You guys are all so interesting and I have learned much about vintage, fashion, traveling, music, culture, and the world from all of our conversations. I couldn't be more grateful for that.

Second off, December 2009 is going to be the last month for Fidget Finds at 10B Marlborough Street in Newport. This is not sad ending, but an exciting new beginning with a lot more wisdom and lessons learned than I had a year ago. Having a shop is hard hard work, more than I could have even imagined. That being said: ALL CLOTHING, SHOES, BAGS, AND HOUSEWARES ARE 50% OFF!!!!! (in the store.) Come by today until December 24 to score some super sweet deals. Tons of merchandise for $1 and $5!! Seriously, I need to get rid of this stuff. Save me from having to store it! I will also be bringing in yard sale-esque items as I empty out my apartment; frames, candleholders, fabric, books, you name it!

What am I going to be doing with all this free time on my hands you might ask? Well I'm going to be spending the first two months of 2010 traveling around Southeast Asia!! A friend and I are packing our bags and heading to Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia for some adventure, shopping, beach bumming, and inspiration. Upon my return I am going to continue selling the best vintage clothing, shoes, and accessories online as well as at shows like Design Hive, Rock N' Roll Yard Sale, and I'll be at the South End Open Market in Boston all summer. I also promise to make more super fun warm weather skirts and dresses.

On the December events note, I will be participating in Design Hive (www.designhivemarket.com) in Cambridge on Sunday, Dec. 6. Also, I am going to be selling jewelry and select clothing at "Chifferobe: A Jazz Age Cabaret", a burlesque event hosted by The Minsky Sisters at Tazza in Providence on Friday night, Dec 18. It's definitely going to be an amazing show. (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=174776944659&index=1)

To reiterate, thankyouthankyouthankyou for all your love and support over the past year and come by the shop and buy lots of wonderful things for SUPER CHEAP!! See you soon!

Love and vintage,
Nicole
fidgetfinds.com
10B Marlborough Street, Newport, RI 02840
401 378 8374
Wed-Fri 12-6, Sat 12-5

No comments: